Some of my best captures I have captured within just a few minutes of filming. I've just turned on the camcorder, set the focus to infinity, selected any lenses and filters to suit the sky's condition and pressed record. UFO spotting isn't just about trying to capture a comic book style flying saucer, it's all about capturing objects that look out of the ordinary, alien or not, maybe just like in this next piece of footage.
Filmed on the 19th April 2010 at 3pm.
Please watch in the highest quality and full screen.
You will see with this object, as it climbs, it appears to have thruster type burners pulsing from the underside of craft which is the driving force. Also the top half of the craft is pointed.
It is very difficult to say what distance the craft is away from me or even the size. I call this a UFO because I am totally bemused about what this could be? It could even be man made.
Some key notes are...
- It's cone shaped. Possibly for aerodynamics?
- It has thrusters for drive.
- It only seems to point upwards.
- It's visible to the naked eye, but more so in infrared.
- It has no apparent flight path.
- It seems to defy gravity. (I'm pretty sure it is not in space)
- It is north of Southampton UK.